Saturday, January 3, 2009

First, A Reflection

While I'm finishing up my 2008 Top "XYZ" lists, I figured it'd be a good idea to take a look back at last year's post and see how I feel about it now.

A summary:

Top Ten albums:
10. Wilco, Sky Blue Sky
9. Arctic Monkeys, Favourite Worst Nightmare
8. Yellowcard, Paper Walls
7. Saves the Day, Under the Boards
6. Band of Horses, Cease to Begin
5. Tegan and Sara, The Con
4. Jimmy Eat World, Chase This Light
3. The Most Serene Republic, Population
2. Lovedrug, Everything Starts Where It Ends
1. Foo Fighters, Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

Still a solid list, despite my claim that Under the Boards was Saves the Day's Temple of Doom. Silly me. That album has done nothing but grow on me, and with good reason. If all of these bands had also released albums this past year, I would be stoked. I still listen to all of these albums pretty regularly, though if ordered in terms of frequency Tegan and Sara, Band of Horses and Arctic Monkeys would take the 8-10 slots.

The 2008 lists are coming soon!

No comments: